Monday, March 25, 2013

Jan 14th meeting

PTSC MTG……..Jan 14, 2013

Neigel gave report to PTSC to clarify and explain how he sees the relationship with PNF with PTSC
after his meeting with Betty, which left him with a “bad feeling.”

PNF can not give preference to any group, as any government agency., .city, county, state, etc.
PTSC can only be recognized for it’s IMPUT.
There has to be an open, public meeting to gather information.
Independent groups can collect their information and give it to PNF.
PNF can not be seen as favoring one group over another.
(This was miss-understood to mean that PTSC could not longer meet at a FS facility.
We can still l meet there as long as it is not seen as a part of PNF’s policy/leading/called by PNF.)

The question is being asked: “Why isn’t the FS dong anything?”
“What are all the different committees for?”
STEWARDSHIP FORUM: Formed in 2008-09 was a collaborative group of cross agencies, that cross boundaries….BLM, city, NF, etc… see how the whole forest is being used. Then get more focused by forming zones….Verde zone, Prescott zone, etc. Stewardship Forum was to plan
the involvement and propose how they saw the general plan for the forest.
This group to establish a general plan for all users….recreation sports, aqua faira (?), boundary issues. trail planning, etc.
Now using SF to bring user groups together to contact and utilizes this forum to spread information out to all groups.

Two meeting on Jan. 24, 2012:
a.m. Stewardship Forum….representative for different organizations
p.m. Forest Planning….PNF personnel…viewing zones, how to use land management (city, county) groups

Issues of miss-understanding and lack of communication:
History of all meetings.
History of PTSC and web site.

PARALLEL PROCESS of all user groups (PTSC, city, county, NF, Community Trust etc.. becomes
the “think tank” for the FS.

Paul K…..PTASC acts as advisory group?
Spike……PTSC wants to solve immediate SHORT TERM problem, as safety issues, with out need for NEPA, maybe some quick-fix Cat. Exclusion vs. Friends of the AZ Trails wanting LONG TERM planning which would require possible NEPAs, legal changes, etc.

Omero (PNF) explained changed in the PNF organization in order to meet future challenges to the forest, developing a better web page, better volunteer coordination.

SEE Organizational Chart hand-out.

#531...signage needed for switchbacks and blind corners.
#332…needs RR X-.crossing signs.
#347…needs three filtering locations
#396… needs some more signage…trail names, numbers.
Groom Creek needs more signage.
#366 m #332 and #264 trailheads and trailhead by Girl Scout Camp.
Annual trail head meetings.
Develop a Reporting Form to put on all web sites that the individual organizations can manage.
Design way to count amount of users on high use trails and to determine which trails are high usage.
Develop educational pamphlet to put out inn stores, at trail signs, for city, county, groups, etc.
Trail User Event/Race which will require a PNF Permit with a BBQ social included. (Need a
Develop a Brushing Video and put up on web sites. Also can use by the Volunteer Academy.
Trail Head issues to be sent to Jason to take to the Stewardship Forum and the Trail Planning Comm.
Meeting to be every other Monday.
Develop a Time Line to be put on web site…..Brad and Denny.
IMBA to hold trail building workshop and practicum. Re-routing #62 and/or RR grad at #332.

Next mtg: CV PNF, March 4th, 5:30pm